We’re not talking about looking cool or keeping your temper under control; we’re talking about keeping your temperature under control.
Here are a few suggestions from the staff at Hagan Coastal Outfitters:
- Get a good straw hat. We have plenty of options at HCO
- Wear a buff and cool it down by dipping it in the water regularly
- Drink plenty of water.
- Carry a nice Yeti Cooler or Cooler Bag from Gecko to keep your drinks cold all-day
- Wear a lightweight PFD.
- Wear light-colored clothing
- Wear lightweight quick-drying clothing. We carry hi-tech, breathable materials that actually get cooler when wet.
- Take an occasional dip. If the water is clean, jump in and cool off. With the proper clothing you’ll dry off in no time.
- Use a high-quality breathable sunscreen. We carry Sun Bum which works great and feels like you’re not wearing anything.
- Invest in a cooling towel. We carry them and they get cold when wet.
We hope these tips help you have a more enjoyable time on the water in these crazy hot days. Stay safe and we will see you out there!